Children’s Hearts has four main ongoing interconnected programmes,
which are a part of the strategy to fulfill the charities’ objectives:
A. Medical Equipment Programme
- Establishing working relations with most advanced medical institutions.
- Collecting data on children in need for cardio-surgical operations.
- Establishing priorities, i.e. selecting children for operations.
- Purchasing and providing the best equipment and disposables at the lowest possible prices.
- Delivery of goods to medical centers and handing them over to the parents of chosen children.
B. Education and Training of Medical Personnel Programme
- Establishing co-operation with leading cardiology centers in the world.
- Providing training for doctors and nurses to work with the most sophisticated medical equipment.
- Support of further dissemination of knowledge gained by the trained personnel during the training courses upon their return to their home hospitals and clinics.
C. Education of Other Medical Personnel and Parents Programme
- Providing information for general practitioners, maternity ward medical staff and parents on how to look after and treat children with congenital heart defects.
D. Post Operational Rehabilitation Programme
- Providing support to children after operations.